First and foremost, do not change your oil when it is hot! If you change it while it is hot, you may get burned. It takes about 45 minutes to change your own oil and will cost around 300 QR (the price of oil and a new filter/Note: Some car brands may cost more than others). Here’s how to change your oil and oil filter:
1) Make sure your car is on level ground so you can safely jack up your car.
2) Locate the oil pan under your car and unscrew the drain plug to drain the old oil. Be sure you drain the oil into a recycling container so you can recycle the old oil at your nearest full service gas station, then replace the drain plug.
3) Lubricate the rubber gasket on the new filter, then fill the new oil filter about 2/3 with new oil.
4) Screw the new filter into place as tightly as you can without stripping the threads.
5) Pop your hood, remove the oil cap, and fill your engine with new oil using a filter. Use a dipstick to make sure you’ve added enough oil.